The Vendor Ratings add-on is a powerful tool that will measure the customer experience your sellers provide. It is a great way to speak for vendor performance, ranking and the services your vendors offer.
The power of ratings should not be underestimated. Customers coming online to shop greatly value ratings and their buying decision is, more often than not, based on them. Each seller should strive for good ratings and reviews as higher rating will bring more sales.
The rating is scored on a scale of 1 to 5 stars. Over time, vendors develop a reputation, based on other people’s comments and ratings.
Customers can rate a vendor by clicking the Rate vendor button and filling in the form:
On the detailed vendor page, customers can view vendor rating and reviews:
Vendor rating is also available on the All vendors page next to each vendor.
You can choose to receive an email notification each time a bad review is left for a vendor.
Please, note that only customers who registered and logged in are able to leave a review.
The add-on is compatible with Multi-Vendor 4.3.1 and above. PHP 7.0 and higher is required.
Don’t know what archive to download to install the add-on? Read here.
Install the Vendor Ratings add-on on the add-ons list page (Add-ons → Manage add-ons). Click the + button in the top right corner, select an archive and click Upload & install. You can now find the installed add-on in the list of installed add-ons, just make sure it is set to Active.
Here are available settings of the Vendor Ratings add-on.
- Send email notifications to—Enter an email address of the person who should be notified of negative reviews.
- Negative rating up to—The maximum number of stars that is considered to be a negative review. Say, you consider 2 or less stars as a negative rating, then if a customer gives you 1 or 2 star(s), a notification will be sent to the email address defined in the setting above.
The following three settings will allow you to select the position of the vendor rating on the product details page:
- Show rating next to vendor’s name—Show vendor rating next to vendor’s name.
- Show rating in tab—Show vendor rating in a separate tab.
- Show rating in promotions block—Show vendor rating in the block with promotions.
You will also need to make some adjustments in the standard Comments and reviews add-on.
In the Reviews select-box select either Rating or Communication and rating.
In the former case customers will be able to give you a rating only:
In the latter case customers will be able to give you a rating and write a review:
If you require approving reviews submitted by customers, choose whose comments should be approved.:
Specify the rest of the settings up to your liking.