Customers can see a list of the followed vendors in their account.
The Follow Vendor add-on keeps your customers updated about vendor activity in the store. Whenever a new product is added, a product is back in stock, or a review is created, the customer will see updates in the vendor newsfeed. The news will be sorted chronologically and each post will contain a link to the appropriate product.
If the customer does not want to see vendor news, the box next to the corresponding vendor should be unchecked.
Once the customer starts to follow the vendor, they will get email notifications each time a vendor posts a new event.
The add-on is compatible with Multi-Vendor 4.3.1 and above. PHP 7.1 and higher is required.
Don’t know what archive to download to install the add-on? Read here.
Install the Follow Vendor add-on on the add-ons list page (Add-ons → Manage add-ons). Click the + button in the top right corner, select an archive and click Upload & install. You can now find the installed add-on in the list of installed add-ons, just make sure it is set to Active.
Here are available settings of the add-on:
- License key—Enter the license key to activate the add-on. You will receive this key in the order confirmation email. You can also see license keys for all your purchased add-ons in your HelpDesk account. Log in to HelpDesk, and navigate to the Licenses section:
- Display product image—If enabled, the product image will be displayed in newsletters and subscription pages.
- Filter products by usergroups—If enabled, users will be notified only about products available via usergroups. It is recommended to deactivate this checkbox to increase site performance in case product availabability via usergroups is not used in your store.
- Show counts of subscribers—Show the number of subscribers on the pages: All vendors, Followed vendors, Vendor Page, Vendor products.
Appearance settings are also available in relevant tab:
- Button type—Select the desireable type of button to be displayed on the storefront.
- Button color—Select one of the 4 presented options to fit the button into the main aesthetics of the storefront
Title Color Primary Secondary Tertiary Transparent
Cron can also be set on a relevant tab
- Cron password—This key is used to verify the authenticity of the script sending emails.
Use the following line to run the cron script according to a schedule:
php /path/to/cart/admin.php –dispatch=send_digest_by_email.send_digest –cron_password=MYPASS
path/to/cart is the path to your website.
MYPASS is the access key to cron script that you can find under Settings > Security settings.
If you have any difficulties with the cron setup, please contact your server administrator or contact us for help.
- Send newsletters on schedule—If selected, letters containing vendor news will be sent out to customers according to a schedule. Otherwise customers will be notified of each event right away.