Send exciting offers or discounts to your customers on their birthday with the Birthday Present add-on. It offers a simple way to congratulate your customers on their birthday by sending an email notification with warm words and a desired bonus, like a discount, gift, free shipping, etc.
You can configure the add-on by setting how many days prior to the birthday the promotion should start and for how many days it will be valid.
A customer registers in the store and adds their date of birth in the profile.
The administrator creates a cart promotion with the Birthday condition and adds bonuses, for example, a discount, a gift certificate, or a free product.
On the specified date, the customer gets an email notification with birthday wishes and a personal bonus.
The customer adds products to cart and the birthday promotion is applied automatically.
The add-on is compatible with CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor 4.3.1 and above.
Don’t know what archive to download to install the add-on? Read here.
Install the Birthday Present add-on on the add-ons list page (“Add-ons” → ”Manage add-ons”). Click the + button in the top right corner, select an archive and click Upload & install. You can now find the installed add-on in the list of installed add-ons, just make sure it is set to Active.
Make sure the Age verification add-on is Active. It will allow customers to add the date of birth in their profile.
Here are available settings of the Birthday Present add-on:
- The number of days before the birthday—Defines how many days prior to the birthday the promotion should start.
- The number of days after the birthday—Defines how many days after the birthday the promotion should be valid (including the birthday)
- Sending warning letters to e-mail for a specified number of days—Specifies the number of days within which the user will get notifications about their approaching birthday.
You can set up a cron job to run it according to a schedule to send email notifications. For example, if you enter 2 in the previous setting, the script will check all the users for the date of their birth and send an email notification to users whose birthday is in two days.
php /path/to/cart/admin.php –dispatch=seo_pack_cron.apply –cron_password=CRON_PASSWORD, where:
path/to/cart is the path to your website.
CRON_PASSWORD is the access key to cron script that you can find under Settings > Security settings in the admin panel.
- Go to Marketing > Promotions.
- Click the + button and select Add cart promotion.
- In the General tab, fill in the given fields.
Name and Short description will be shown when the promotion is applied on the cart and checkout pages.
- In the Conditions tab, click Add condition and select Birthday from the list.
- In the Bonuses tab, click the Add bonus button and select bonuses you want your customers to get for their birthday.
- Click Save and close in the top right.