Google AMP for SEO¶
The Google AMP for SEO add-on allows to create mobile optimized content for the product details pages of your store.
AMP stands for Accelerated Mobile Pages, a Google project, which aims to build web pages that are lightweight and speedy to load, particularly on mobile devices.
Your customers will see a simplified layout on product pages:
Sites that use AMP will be marked with a little lightning ball in search results:
The video below explains AMP:
Make your site AMP-ready today!
- AMP compatible product details pages;
- Faster loading speed on mobile;
- Custom AMP design with no coding;
- AMP stamps on mobile search;
- Automatically optimized content.
The add-on is compatible with CS-Cart 4.4.1 and above.
Don’t know what archive to download to install the add-on? Read here.
Install the Google AMP for SEO add-on on the add-ons list page (Add-ons → Manage add-ons). Click the + button in the top right corner, select an archive and click Upload & Install. You can now find the installed add-on in the list of installed add-ons, just make sure it is set to Active.
Once the add-on is installed and activated, AMP HTML is automatically applied to all products in your store. No setup is required.
In order to check if your page is valid AMP, follow these steps:
- Open a product details page of you store.
- Copy (Ctrl+V) the URL of the page. Make sure it contains the amp parameter.
- Open the AMP Validator. Paste the URL of the page (Ctrl+V) in the URL field and click the VALIDATE button.
- In the bottom left corner, you will see the status of validation.
If you fail validation, you will see errors alongside the HTML source of the page. In this case, contact us for help via our help desk system.
For more information on AMP validation, please refer to Documentation.